Monday, June 04, 2007

Just a Pet!

Definition of Pet

  • a domesticated animal kept for companionship or amusement
    darling: a special loved one
  • A pet or companion animal is an animal that is kept by humans for companionship and enjoyment, rather than for economic reasons. The most popular are noted for their loyal or playful characteristics or their beautiful appearance or song.

I have heard over and over by people that if your dog is not a "show dog", it's just a pet.

My pet is my friend, my protector, my son's companion and a family member.

My pet has done agility, obedience, training for pulling and loves to swim and boat.

My pet eats good food, gets brushed every now and then, has endless treats and gets a nice warm bed at night.

My pet goes for walks, goes to the park, runs with other dogs and loves to be petted by strangers.

My pet gets sick, she has someone to comfort her, someone to care for her and someone to love her.

My pet destroys things sometimes!

My pet is my life.

Well, if that's what it means to be "Only a Pet", please tell God that when I come back, I want to be one of those too!

No comments: