Thursday, June 14, 2007

Things you don't expect!

Yesterday was such a beautiful day. We were outside in the front yard until about 8pm. The neighbours were out and the kids were playing in the sprinklers and with water toys. I had Mya on a leash and on our front steps otherwise she would have hogged the sprinkler (or a puddle near it).

A little boy who lives 2 doors over is about 2 years old. He saw Mya and said "Horse"! So his Mom took him over to see her. She asked if Mya was friendly and I said yes. So, the little boy wanted to pet her. Fine. He was being gentle with her, petting her softly, and then....out of the blue, he grabbed the hair on her face and pulled hard and yelled right into her face!!!! Oh my God, I couldn't believe it! I didn't have time to even think! She was face to face with this little guy. Do you know what she did? She licked him!

Lesson learned, no little wee ones anymore. Not unless I know they are used to animals and know how to be GENTLE!

No comments: