Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Christmas' Past

When I go to Mattawa after Christmas, I'm going to go through some of my parents old pictures and scan them. There are some pretty funny pictures of me growing up!
Until then, here are a few that my aunt had.
(Below) This is me standing infront of my Nanny and Grampa's tree. I guess I must have been about 3 years old. Every Christmas day, we would have dinner there. I still remember the smell when walking in the house. The turkey and stuffing...yum! The tree was always full of tinsel and there was country Christmas music playing and the TV was usually on some type of sport. The kids would be running around (I was the 3rd oldest Grandchild) and the parents never told us to be quiet or to stop. What great memories.

(Below) This is a picture of Me, Uncle Andy (holding me) my sister Joanne and my brother Brian. Guy wasn't born yet. I was so tiny when I was young. Don't ask about the hair!

Now below, you will find a later picture. Yes, that's me opening one of my tons of presents I used to get. But....every Christmas eve I had to go to bed with those darn rollers in my hair. Boy did that hurt! But, I had to have nice hair to go to Nanny and Grampa's. If you look at the picture, you will see that we had nice green shag carpeting and look at the beer bottle! It was probably O'Keefe. That's my brother Guy in those funky pajamas.

There will be more to come after I can get them scanned.

No comments: