Sunday, January 27, 2008

Shake your Bootie

Mya can handle the cold very well. What she can't handle are snowballs stuck under her feet and salt from the sidewalks. Usually a few times on our walk she stops and gives me her paw. I pick the snowball out and we keep going.

Today, I remembered that I won a little pair of boots at our Giant Schnauzer Grand Slam. They were from our game "The Laundry Line". They are not fancy in the least. I wanted to get a pair of Muttlucks in the auction but I had run out of money by the time they came around.

So I put these little boots on her and off we went. First, she walked like a dog in high heels. It took a minute for her to get used to them. They were great! They didn't keep her feet very dry, but they kept the snow and salt out.

They came from Komatik Outfitters in Ottawa: http://www.komout.com/

1 comment:

K.Eckerle said...

Denver. Wish I'd known about these booties then. I sprayed their feet with PAM at the time to make it easier to get the snow out of their fur. Never had this problem with Giants here in SoCal, but will remember it for the future.

BTW, I love the picture of Mya at the top of your blog. It's great --- looks like she's fighting that cold wind with all her might!!

Karalyn