Thursday, September 27, 2007

I guess she likes it?

Ok, so this is my first attempt at feeding raw. I thought I would at least try it. Whether I will stick with it is yet to be determined.

I started by blending beef heart, liver and kidneys. I also added ground hamburg and a can of mackerel. I measured out single portions and put them in baggies to freeze.

Then I combined cooked brown rice, cooked potatoes (skin on) and carrots. I pureed these and separated them into meal size baggies and froze those. So she will get a baggie or each for supper.

In the morning, I am going to try raw chicken, with bones. I will go out tomorrow and buy those. I also have oatmeal and other fruit and veggies to add in to change things up later. But for now, we will try this and see how it goes.

1 comment:

Barking Biscuit said...

Mmm Mmm Good! Looks like she loves it. I don't know if you're switching gradually (adding a bit of raw to her regular food) but if you're not, she may have some digestion problems.